New Jersey MANDATORY 10-Hour Electrical Code Course (Virtual Classroom Online)
August 21, 2020 – 4 pm to 9:30 pm
August 22, 2020 – 8 am to 1:30 pm
Must Attend Both Sessions in order to receive Credit
This course is a mandatory 10-hour code course needed for License renewal which is March 31, 2021.
IN ADDITION TO THE 9 HOURS OF CODE CHANGES AND ONE HOUR ON NEW JERSEY STATE STATUTES AND RULES, YOU WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO TAKE AN ADDITIONAL 24 HOURS OF OTHER ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR RELATED COURSES THAT HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY.
CODE CHANGES BASED ON THE 2020 NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
8-Hour Fall Prevention & 2-Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness (Virtual Classroom Online)
May 26, 2020 – 6 pm to 9:30 pm
May 28, 2020 – 6 pm to 9:30 pm
June 2, 2020 – 6 pm to 9:30 pm
Must Attend ALL Sessions in order to receive Credit
8-Hour Fall Prevention Training
In order to be in compliance with NYC Department of Buildings Local Law 196, this course is one of the requirements for an individual applying for a Site Safety Training Card. This course along with the 2 hours fall prevention completes the 10 hour site safety requirements. In this course you will be educated on the following topics:
- How to avoid accidents and injuries in the workplace (scaffold, edges, ladders)
- Identify and avoid hazards on elevated work locations
- Guardrail installations, safety nets, falling object protection (and more)
2-Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training
This course along with the 8 hour fall prevention completes the 10 hour site safety requirements. In this course you will be educated on the following topics:
- Describe effects of Drug and Alcohol in the workplace
- Recognize problems associated with substance dependency
- Avoid working while under the influence of Drugs and Alcohol
- Recognize and understand issues of chemical dependence and how it can affect the lives of others
Wiring Above and Underground Swimming Pools (Virtual Classroom Online) – June 6
June 6, 2020 – 8 am to 12:30 pm
This class qualifies for 4-Hours towards your 8 Hour Suffolk County
4-Hours towards your 24-Hours New Jersey Trade Related Hours
680.1 Scope. The provisions of this article apply to the construction and installation of electrical wiring for, and equipment in or adjacent to, all swimming, wading, therapeutic, and decorative pools; fountains; hot tubs; spas; and hydromassage bathtubs, whether permanently installed or storable, and to metallic auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, filters, and similar equipment. The term body of water used throughout Part I applies to all bodies of water covered in this scope unless otherwise amended.
Some of our Topics:
- cord-and-Plug-Connected Lighting Assembly
- Dry-Niche Luminaire.
- Electrically Powered Pool Lift.
- Packaged Spa or Hot Tub Equipment Assembly
- Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters
- Grounding and Bonding
- Cord-and-Plug-Connected Equipment
- Electric Pool Water Heater
- Maintenance Disconnecting Means.
- Wiring Methods
- Lighting, Receptacles, and Equipment
- Perimeter Surfaces.
- Storable Pools, Storable Spas, and Storable Hot Tubs
Students will be taught to professionally and correctly estimate electrical work and submit a competitive bid.
Topics covered in the course are as follows:
- INITIAL REVIEW OF PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- SET-UP OF TAKE-OFF AND PRICING SHEETS
- FORMULATING “RFI”s – Request For Information
- PREPARATION OF MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT LIST FOR VENDOR PRICING
- LABOR VALUES
- SET-UP OF AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO “RECAP” SHEETS
- SUMMARY SHEET
- FINAL SENIOR-LEVEL REVIEW
- PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF BID
All class literature and blueprints are included in price.
32 East 31st Street
New York, NY 10016